Monday, November 13, 2006

Here's the Deal.

So Alec and I have been talking about starting up a music blog for a while now, and we are both kind of excited that it is actually happening. My rationale for starting it up has many aspects. I have really liked music for as long as I can remember...from getting a tiny BOOM drumset when I was 8 years old to singing in the shower last night. I love it when people get a kick out of music. I love it when people dance. Music is probably the only thing that can make 50 year old investment bankers shake it, and yet at the same time make Shakira incredibly hot. I love it when people have memories associated with various songs from certain times in their lives. I love it when people rock out to their Ipod while walking down the street. Truly, I really just love how powerful music can be.

The idea for the blog is this. We'll post some recommendations of ours, some thoughts about music genres, scenes, concerts...but we really just want to get some music discussion started. It's always really cool for me to see a person really take to a band, and I hope that we can get you addicted to some of the same things that we have been for years. So here it is. Our music blog.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Here is your blog's first comment - may this not be its last.

I also like music.

Anonymous said...

I guess I'll make a post regarding one of my favorite bands, The Good Luck Joes.
Not many people have heard of them (because they are a local band that is growing), but if you get a chance, check out some of their music.
www.goodluckjoes.com
Their big single is "48 Hours" and I think their song "Middle of Me" is the title song to the show "6 Degrees" (on ABC?)
I hope you check them out sometime cause they are very good and a sound that is completely unique.