Tuesday, November 14, 2006

getting things started

Since Kyle has posted the intro to the site(see below), I'll take a second to introduce myself as the second author of the blog. Like Kyle I love music, and I love talking about it as well. As Kyle said, the goal of this blog is to make public the daily conversations we have about music so that hopefully more people can enjoy more great music. In general I am a music lover, and there is not a lot of music that I hate, only stuff that I don't enjoy as much as other stuff. My music interests are pretty varied. In high school I played bass for a metal band, trumpet for a ska band, and guitar for a pop punk band, so I think that kind of indicates the breadth of my tastes.

As a quick beginning I want to share that this week I am listening almost exclusively to ska in anticipation for an amazaing concert that we will be attending on friday. So I'll start off by recommending ska in all shapes and forms. Anything with horns really, they add another whole dimension to music.

No comments: