Monday, January 28, 2008

A couple random songs of 07

Ok this is the last post about 2007 I swear, but I had a couple random songs that I really enjoyed from last year I wanted to post before tackling 2008.

G&D - They're a funk/soul duo from Chicago, and I really enjoyed the first song of theirs I ever heard. I then proceeded to buy the album on itunes only to find it full of weird skits and odd songs, a pretty big disappointment. I still love the first song I heard from them though, so I'm gonna post that. When they're not putting together weird and goofy stuff, the laid back funk with a bit of modern hip hop influences is really cool. In a way its like a funkier version of Lauren Hill.

G&D - One


Straylight Run - These guys fell so far for me over the past couple years. Before their debut album came out, I was in love with all their demos and really into the band. Then their S/T album came out, on which they had screwed with all their songs, and ever since I've completely forgotten about them. 2007 saw the release The Needles The Space, which doesn't return them to their past glory, but it is at least a step up from some of the stuff they've released recently. Their newest work shifts the focus from brother John Nolan to his sister Michelle Nolan, who takes over a lot of the vocal duties, and who also happens to be really hot. I think the real strength of Straylight is when they feature both John and Michelle on songs together, as their voices compliment each other nicely. But then again I'm a sucker for guy/girl harmonies. While The Needles The Space isn't an amazing album, if you've liked any of their previous stuff, its definitely worth checking out.

Straylight Run - Cover Your Eyes

Treasure Fingers - Atlanta DJ. Electronic/Funk music. Ridiculous synth bass line.

Treasure Fingers - Come True Tonite (Dub Mix)



Ok, bring on 2008.

Alec

No comments: