Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Happy Birthday Track Nine

Waaaay back on November 13th, 2006 this little music blog was started. The birthday wishes are a little bit belated, but I figure that's better than nothing. I really hope that you have been enjoying checking out some new tunes whether you think the bands terrible or the most amazing thing since the inception of the Milwaukee Brewers.

For this post, we're looking for a little feedback from you. Who actually reads this thing?? Do you want newer album reviews?? Do you hate soul music and think we should stop talking about it?? Do you think we should talk about Indian Bhangra and/or 60's psychadelic instead?? Do my posts suck and Alec's rock?? Do you think we should post twice a week?? Do you want to guest post??

We'd really appreciate it if you happen to read this blog even every once in a blue moon to drop a comment on this post and let us know what you like/what you don't. I think it would help us out to keep you interested, reading, and expanding your music horizon.

Thanks,
Kyle

Here's a couple tunes that I've been diggin lately....

Paul Weller - Broken Stones - - Just a solid, soulful tune in the vein of Bill Withers

Matt Pryor - A Totally New Year - - Better known as the lead singer of the New Amsterdams....the first track from his first solo CD, which is actually pretty solid.

4 comments:

Frave said...

I enjoy this post when I read every once in awhile as it's on a blog aggregator with all my friends' blogs. You guys certainly have helped me to expand my musical horizons and listen to music outside my usual realm. The new stuff is great (I've felt hip in some conversations where I was able to bring up new bands and/or new releases). The old stuff is also a nice throwback! Keep it up. The variety is great for a girl who doesn't want to get pigeon-holed in her business and also benefits from the uncorrupt thoughts of those not in the business.
Thanks and happy birthday Track Nine!
--stephanie f

Anonymous said...

Keep doing what you're doing. I enjoy the mixing of older and newer, popular and less well known bands.

Anonymous said...

I really like the mix of musical styles, especially since a lot of the time I haven't heard of the artist. I always love hearing new (to me) music. What you guys write is always interesting too. It's cool to see how you describe the band and the songs and your experiences with it all. Great job, I hope you guys can keep doing this for a while.

Kyle said...

Hey Stephanie, Matt, and Anon,

Thanks a lot for the comments. I glad that you all have been able to find some new music to talk about/listen to. We'll definitely keep the music styles varied because that helps keep things interesting. Thanks again for reading!

-Kyle