Sunday, October 21, 2007

In or out?

I'm kind in a bit of tight spot with regards to things to post about right now. I just got a bunch of new albums from bands that I like but haven't had enough time to really listen to them enough yet to the point where I want to post on them yet. But at the same time I've been striking out with new music lately and haven't found anything thats really grabbed my attention. So instead I'm just gonna present several of the groups that are in my "maybe" spot right now where I just can't tell how good they are yet. These are just gonna be links cause I don't have anything downloaded from these groups yet.

The Guggenheim Grotto - These guys are probably the best group out of the ones in this post. An alternative/indie group with influences of folk and touches of pop that craft come pretty cool tunes. And their Irish, which is sweet. If they wrote a song about Guinness then they'd definitely be in.
Be sure to listen to - Told You So

Edison Glass - This Long Island group has a nice sound that fits in that indie/pop region that I tend to like. Their sound is nothing revolutionary, but they manage to be unique in a way.
Be sure listen to - Let Go

State and Madison - These guys just make me think of Gatsby's American Dream, one of my all time favorite bands and crafters of 2005's runaway number one album Volcano. SAM is still pretty unpolished and are in need of some better producing, but they have some talent. If they make it big there's a decent chance they'll sign to a label that will push their sound to a more generic poppy side, which was what Gatsby's always managed to avoid. But for now they're still pretty raw.
Be sure to listen to -A Waltz

Peter Adams
- "violin-soaked punk folk rock" is how Mr. Adams bills himself. I guess if his music career doesn't pan out he can just be a publicist for some other band. He's got all the tools needed to create music that college students eat up, but does he do enough with them?
Be sure to listen to - Cementalisque


Should these groups be in or out? That's what I'm trying to decide right now, and I guess its for you to decide as well. Feel free to post comments if you particularly like/dislike any of them.

-Alec

No comments: